The Buskirk-Chumley Theater is available to rent for any sort of private event, from birthday parties to corporate retreats to weddings. With seating for up to 626 in the auditorium or up to 50 on stage, this versatile space is great for gatherings large and small. The lobby, mezzanine, and dressing rooms are all available for your use. If you are interested in renting the building, check out our availability calendar to confirm that your date is not already booked, and then contact Executive Director Danielle McClelland at 812.323.3020 or email@example.com.
Local corporations bring their employees to the Buskirk-Chumley Theater for annual meetings, appreciation events, and training. With seating for 629, the theater provides a comfortable off-site location for education, inspiration, and social activities. Show a film, present an employee talent show, or make a presentation. Provide a catered reception or a talk about the history of the theater as part of your day’s activities.
- ten eight-foot tables with burgundy full-length tablecloths, arranged as needed;
- an experienced house manager to help your event run smoothly; and
- five hours of use, including your set-up and clean-up time.
- $300 – Lobby rental
- $100 – Access to balcony seating area, in addition to lobby and mezzanine, during event
- $15 – Ticketing or guest list services, including online and box-office sales, if applicable
- $150 – Catering fee, if you choose to bring in additional food from a licensed caterer
- An optional “bar” can create an additional waist-high surface in the balcony, providing space for decorations, a silent auction, or snacks.
- Elegant, exotic, or entertaining – events in the BCT lobby have included a string trio, belly dancers, and a fun photo booth.
- BCT concessions, from BLU Boy chocolates to buttery popcorn, can be available for sale or distribution to guests.
Please note that this space is not ideal for gatherings with seated meals or events that include speeches or presentations that require a large group to gather in one location. The lobby, concessions, and restrooms are wheelchair accessible, but the mezzanine and balcony can only be accessed via stairs.