BCT Management, Inc., a 501(c)(3) private, nonprofit organization, operates the Buskirk-Chumley Theater on behalf of the City of Bloomington. The Buskirk-Chumley Theater is a performing arts center, a downtown anchor, and an arts incubator. In addition to bringing nationally-known artists to our small-town stage, we strive to make our theater accessible and affordable for local artists and work to encourage new artistic endeavors and events that will enliven our community.
The mission of BCT Management, Inc. is to manage the Buskirk-Chumley Theater in a fiscally responsible manner as a widely accessible, quality venue and performance space.
Because BCT Management, Inc. exists, the Buskirk-Chumley Theater will be:
- A resource, engaging the community through diverse, accessible, and affordable opportunities for interaction with the Theater, both as patrons and as presenters
- An educator, independently and as a partner with the range of educational institutions in the community, in the presentation, production, and business of the arts
- A presenter of nationally acclaimed programming in live performance and film
- An initiator, supporter, and/or producer of financially viable local programming that helps define and promote the cultural identity of Bloomington, Indiana, and our general region
- A “front door” to our community, providing information about and sparking interest in Bloomington arts and culture, reaching both the local community and visitors
- A sustainable business, considering not only the immediate bottom line, but also the long-term value and expense of our operations, both fiscally and environmentally, to our staff, promoter partners, patrons, and community
- A model and national leader in all of the above areas