Join Our Team
BCT Management, Inc. (BCTM) is an equal opportunity employer. BCTM does not discriminate in the hiring or treatment of any Board Member, employee, student staff, or volunteer on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identification, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
BCTM hires several categories of personnel:
Union Personnel (UP) are hired pursuant to the contract between BCTM and Bloomington Local No. 618 of the International Alliance of Theatrical State Employee, Movie Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Craft of the United States and Canada (“Union”). Union personnel include:
- Technical Director
- Assistant Technical Director
Non-Union Personnel are hired on an “at-will” basis with a letter including the relevant job description and compensation. Non-Union personnel include:
- Salary Employees (Directors)
- Full-Time Employees who work thirty (30) hours or more in an average week.
- Part-Time Employees who work twenty to twenty-nine (20-29) hours in an average week.
- Support Employees who work less than twenty (20) hours in an average week.
Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Averages 5-10 hours/Week
Interested candidates can apply by sending their resume to Jordan Ferguson, Events Director, at email@example.com.
The Concessions Associate ensures the accurate, friendly and efficient operation of the BCT Concessions for our patrons. The Concessions Associate is responsible for selling items such as popcorn, candy, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
This position is responsible for knowing the details of all concessions inventory, as well as how to prepare all alcoholic beverages on the Buskirk-Chumley Theater menu. As a member of BCT Management’s Operations Team, the Concessions Associate will report directly to the Events Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS
- Is dependable and timely regarding all scheduled shifts.
- Attends a quarterly, paid staff meeting.
- Works respectively within a team environment.
- Conducts transactions with patrons, providing the best possible performing arts experience.
- Utilizes an electronic point of sale system.
- Follows organizational procedures regarding shift set up, tear down and cleaning.
- Maintains efficient and clean concession areas during show events.
- Is at least 21 years of age and eligible for an Indiana server’s license.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE and LICENSE CERTIFICATIONS
- Education required: High school diploma.
- At least one year retail, restaurant or bar experience.
- Ability to gain experience, knowledge and skills in the day-to-day operations for a mission-based organization.
Under the direct supervision of the Events Director, and under broad supervision of the Executive Director.
- Frequently standing, walking, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, and moving from one work site to another.
- Work has standard vision requirements; frequent speaking, vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
- Frequent to occasional travel, entering and exiting vehicles, driving, moving, and carrying materials to and from various locations.
- Occasional moderate lifting (25 lbs.) and infrequent heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Assistance with excessive loads is required.
- Shared theater office working conditions; moderate exposure to office/maintenance chemicals (cleaning solutions, glue, paint, etc.).
- Occasional exposure to fluctuations in interior conditions such as noise and temperatures.
- May encounter exposure to outside elements, heat, cold, rain, snow, ice, etc. when traveling on theater business.
- Infrequent climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- May experience conditions with music and noise at loud levels.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
An individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Reports To:||Events Director|
|Benefit/FLSA Status:||Part-Time, Non-Exempt|
|Hours/Week:||5-10 hours/week + tips|
BCT Management, Inc. employees may be assigned to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends. BCT Management, Inc. remains open during local academic breaks and is unable to accommodate extended absences, including those associated with semester breaks. BCT Management, Inc.’s work schedules adjust in response to changing operational needs.
This job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, assignments, or working conditions associated with this job.
BCT Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its employees, patrons, and community. Applications from members of underrepresented minority groups are encouraged.
Looking for another way to get involved? Want to get behind the scenes at Bloomington’s Community Theater? Ready to help make music, dance, theatre, and more possible at the BCT? We’ve got the opportunity for you! Volunteering at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater will connect you to the hub of cultural life in downtown Bloomington and allow you to explore new artists and performance styles.
Our volunteer ushers create a welcoming, enjoyable environment at the theater. We are always looking for enthusiastic, outgoing, customer service oriented individuals to scan tickets, seat patrons, and perform a variety of other tasks that help our events go smoothly.