Plan your Visit
Located in the heart of downtown Bloomington, the Buskirk-Chumley Theater is just blocks away from many downtown attractions and restaurants. The theater is just off the downtown square, at 114 E Kirkwood Avenue.
Downtown Bloomington is easily accessible on foot; however, public street, lot, and garage parking are all available near the theater. All nearby parking is metered during the week and free on Sundays. Most, but not all, meters accept both coins and credit cards. Bicycle parking racks are located throughout the downtown area and in most downtown parking garages.
The City of Bloomington offers the Parkmobile app, which offers patrons a pay-as-you-go system so that you only pay for the time you are actually parked. Parkmobile supports all major credit cards, can be linked to a mobile wallet, and accepts payments via PayPal.
Street & Surface Parking Lots
The city’s parking meters are enforced 8am to 9pm, Monday–Saturday, but street and parking lot parking is free on Sundays and city holidays. Rates are $1/hour.
- Lot 1 – Dunn St. & E. 4th St. (just off of Restaurant Row)
- Lot 3 – E. 4th St. & Washington St. (behind the Buskirk-Chumley Theater)
- Lot 5 – E. 6th St. & Lincoln St. (across from the Monroe County Public Library)
- Lot 6 – E. 3rd St. & Washington St. (behind the Bloomington Police Department)
Parking in public garages is enforced 24/7 excluding Sundays and city holidays. The current rate for all garages is $0.50/hour.
- 4th Street Garage – 105 W 4th St
- Entrance on 4th St between Walnut St and College Ave, a two-minute walk from the theater
- Morton Street Garage – 220 N Morton St
- Entrance on Morton St between 6th St and 7th St, a five-minute walk from the theater
- Walnut Street Garage – 302 N Walnut St
- Entrance on Walnut St between 7th St & 8th St, a five-minute walk from the theater
For a full list of Downtown Bloomington parking options, check out the City’s website and Downtown Parking Map.
Nearby Hotel Accommodations
Click images for more details!