WE’RE SEEKING EVENTS THAT INSPIRE, EDUCATE, AND ENTERTAIN.
The Buskirk-Chumley Theater may be rented for private or public events. Please review the following for available dates and fee information. For more details or to start the contracting process, please contact our Events Manager at 812.676.3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rental fees
- Technical labor fees
- Additional equipment or service fees, if any
- Event insurance
Please see below for more details on each.
Blank dates are still available to renters. All “booked” dates have been secured by another renter. “Hold” indicates that a renter has expressed interest in the date but has not yet signed a contract. Please contact us if you are interested in a held date. Due to a regular church service, the building is only available after 1pm on Sundays.
The theater can be placed on hold for your event for no more than 14 days. After this time, the date must be secured with a signed contract and a minimum $200/day non-refundable deposit, or it will be released. Renters must also agree to the theater’s Rental Terms & Conditions, along with signing a contract.
Rental fees are waived for BCT Movie Partner Project participants. Current fees are listed below.
|Jan-May, Sept–Dec||Sunday*–Thursday||Friday & Saturday|
|June-August||Sunday*–Thursday||Friday & Saturday|
*Building access only available after 1 pm on Sundays.
Technical Labor Fees
The Buskirk-Chumley Theater is a union-operated facility. All of our technical staff are members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artist and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories, and Canada, Local 618. A union member must be present any time you are in the auditorium, and a minimum $250 labor fee per day is required. Overtime labor is charged after 8 hours in one day, 40 hours in one week, before 8am and after midnight, and all day on Sunday and holidays. Technical labor costs depend on the length and complexity of your event. We can develop an estimate of your technical labor fees based on your plans.
|$33 per hour||$22 per hour|
|$50 overtime/Sunday||$33 overtime/Sunday|
|Loader/Truck In Fee||Loader/Truck Out Fee||Performance Crew Fee*|
|$76.00 per hour||$76.00 per hour||$91.00 per performance|
|$115.00 Sun. & Holidays||$115.00 Sun. & Holidays||$136.00 Sun. & Holidays|
* May apply to your event if more than one technician is required during the performance.
Additional Services and Equipment
- Basic event promotion (not intended to replace your marketing efforts)
- Listings on buskirkchumley.org & bctboxoffice.org
- Inclusion of a poster in the upcoming events display case, if a poster is provided
- Promotion on marquee
- Day-of-show house manager to coordinate front-of-house activities
- Advice from BCT staff on planning, promoting, ticketing your event
- A meeting with the Technical Director to plan the technical elements of your event
- Ushers to provide patron services during your event
- Equipment already owned by the theater
- Six-foot tables and cloths already owned by the theater
- Use of the entire building, including dressing rooms, lobby, mezzanine, and upper hallway
- Access to the building from 8am to midnight
A few additional fees that may apply to your event:
|BCT Box Office ticketing services (required for ticketed events)||$150/event|
|Stage Extension A (adds 6′ to stage)||$150 + labor|
|Stage Extension B (adds 4′ to Extension A)||$150 + labor|
|Projection Equipment (28′ x 20′ or 16′ x 9′ screen)||$150/day|
|Yamaha C-7 Baby Grand Piano||$150 on stage|
|Yamaha C-7 Baby Grand Piano||$300 in orchestra pit|
|Cleaning fee for outside catering||$150/day|
Renters are required to obtain event liability insurance that names both BCT Management, Inc. and the City of Bloomington as additional insured in the amount of $1M per instance and $2M aggregate. You may be able to add event insurance to a homeowners or business liability policy for a minimal cost. This requirement may be waived participants in the BCT Movie Partner Program and for simple events featuring just a speaker or speaker and a film.