Why Support the BCT?
The Buskirk-Chumley Theater plays a key role in bringing people together from all walks of life to express, share, and grow. In a single week, the theater will have a New York Times bestseller giving a free public lecture one night, a national touring band performing with the support of a local opener on another, a wedding celebration on Saturday, and a children’s dance recital on Sunday. The BCT is a community staple, centrally located and marked by the iconic “Indiana” sign, Bloomington’s Community Theater exists because YOU want it to. Making a donation helps keep the theater in use for its 100th year and counting!
Downtown theaters that have survived as long as ours are rare. Since 2001, when the theater became a nonprofit organization, keeping it open has been up to you and your generosity. Your donation is a reminder that Bloomington’s treasured historical venue brings value to our community.
Please show us why BCT is important to you with a gift today!
Do you wonder if your gift will be big enough to make a difference? The BCT gets most of its support from many small gifts. Just like the sound of applause, each person clapping contributes to a uniquely powerful sound. The average BCT donors give $50 a year or set up a $25 recurring monthly donation.
- How to give today:
- Make a single or recurring donation online.
- Mail a check made out to “BCT Management, Inc.” to 114 E. Kirkwood Avenue, Bloomington, Indiana 47408. If you would like to make your gift in honor or recognition of someone, please include a note with your donation or list the recognition name(s) on the memo line.
- Schedule a monthly ACH transfer through your bank.
- How to plan a bigger gift tomorrow:
- Set up a through your will or trust.
- Name BCT Managment, Inc. as a retirement beneficiary on your plan.
- Make a gift of appreciated stock.
- Make a gift through your employer matching program.
- Talk to your financial advisor about what planned giving options make sense for you.
For more information about how your financial support can benefit Bloomington’s Community Theater, contact Executive Director Jonah Crismore or Philanthropy Director Lily Bonwich. For those interested in more details, the theater’s mission, programs, and successes can be found on our website, and a Gift Acceptance Policy is available upon request from our Philanthropy Director.